Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform facilitie s clearance and switching procedures.
- Review and understand technical documents, including O&M manuals, electrical single-line, wiring diagrams, schematics and other diagrams.
- Troubleshoot and perform routine preventative and corrective maintenance duties, including batteries and chargers, wiring and terminations,
ground systems, fuses, filters, inverters, transformers, and monitoring equipment.
- Work with computerized maintenance systems for creating job notifications, performing and closing the jobs.
- Assist in the development, review and updating of operating and maintenance procedures, monitor and record routine operating data.
As the successful candidate you will have successfully completed a solar photovoltaic (PV) technical training program from a recognized and approved program. You will have more than six year s experience in the maintenance of electrical system, with a minimum of three year s experience working on solar photovoltaic project sites, either in the construction, or operations and maintenance phase. You will be able to demonstrate electronic and computer proficiency, and be familiar with the performance of a variety of PV solar technologies and the balance of systems. You will also be able to demonstrate familiarity with the O&M of the equipment found in power systems, such as switchgear, circuit breakers, transformers, batteries, data acquisition systems, relays, programmable logic controllers, revenue meters, weather stations, fuel cell equipment, and other AC and DC equipment.