At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one.
A day to take a first step. A day to look forwards to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon. At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds.
This is your chance to make history.
We are looking to hire a IT Support Engineer (m/f) to join the team and play a critical role in our Spanish Fulfillment Center (FC).
The successful candidate must have demonstrable leadership skills in a fast-paced environment. Candidate must be forward thinking with a high degree of customer service focus and excellent communication skills.
The IT Support Engineer serves as the liaison between the infrastructure and general operations of the facilities.
Amazon IT Support Engineer are expected to have a high degree of technical aptitude over a large scope of IT software, hardware, and networking disciplines.
Amazon seeks individuals who are willing to Work Hard, Have Fun, and join us in making Worldwide History.
The IT Support Engineer will be responsible for utilising his/her skills to provide assistance to the operations team in resolving technical problems within the center that cover a multitude of technical disciplines.
The engineer must have a good understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology. He/She must possess superior technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills and the ability to deal effectively with people.
They must also exhibit strong analytical skills with problem solving ability. Previous experience in which high levels of initiative, judgment, and tact has been demonstrated.
Proven ability to operate in high pressure situations and successfully handle multiple priorities and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible. Superior Customer Service skills in dealing with all levels of personnel.
- Candidate should possess superior customer service skills in dealing with users at all levels in a team environment.
- Proven ability to operate in high pressure situations and successfully handle multiple priorities and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible.
- Demonstrated experience delivering direct user support in a high availability environment.
- Previous experience in which high levels of initiative, judgment, and tact has been demonstrated.
- Must possess superior technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills with the ability to interact with internal customers in a professional manner.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Candidate must haves a good understanding of core internet technologies - DNS, mail transport, TCP/IP and network file systems
· Must have a good understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and have demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology.
- Must have good knowledge of scripting and process automation (Perl)
· Demonstrated experience with Linux Operating System, Thin Client Infrastructure devices, and remote access systems.
· English language proficiency
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule
- B.S. / B.A. in Computer Science or Related Technical field preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated experience with Windows/Mac/Linux Operating Systems
- Experience with Data Cabling / Computer Facilities maintenance /Standards
- Certifications in areas of core support responsibility - A+, MCSA, MSCE, Network+, CCNA/CCNP
- Experience providing phone based technical support and troubleshooting to a wide range of technical and non-technical users
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History. AMAZON, WE PIONEER.
We look forward to your application and portfolio.
Please submit your online application in one document including your CV and covering letter (both written in English, max. 5MB), stating your earliest start date and salary expectations separately in the applicant form.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.