Job ID: 572293
We are Amazon; we pioneer.
Since opening our virtual doors in 1995, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Our entire business works hard to delight our customers – from the second an order is placed online to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. That can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams band together, roll up their sleeves, and aren’t content with just standing still. We’re aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth
To help us maintain our high standards of service, we are seeking experienced, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Trainers to play a critical role in improving safety, productivity and the overall customer experience. The Learning & Development team is responsible for supporting change within the sites and for ensuring that all Associates are provided with the appropriate skills and tools to reach new heights of success. The L&D team is also responsible for hosting inductions, cross training, performing skills assessment and delivering Health & Safety training.
As a Trainer, you will play a critical role in supporting Amazon Sortation functions with all training requirements and will report directly to the Learning Manager. Operational trainers help with the ongoing learning and refresher training for Amazon Associates, enabling them to fulfil their potential within their organization. Our Trainers are proactive rather than reactive, assessing the skills and knowledge within our organization and determining what training is needed to insure operational best practice and delivering it, providing clear return on investment.
The ideal candidate requires operational training experience gained within a multi-site operation, ideally within a transportation, warehouse environment or a similar international fast paced customer driven environment as you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating the execution of agreed upon onboarding of all new hires and cross-training initiatives
- Supporting each site operation in aligning to network approved and consistent standards
- Locally supporting the deployment of central projects
- Delivering refresher training on critical process and compliance topics
- Tracking training activity and permission management
- Supporting the centralised L&D team to produce new materials for in-house training activity
- Auditing training programs and records
- Building and coordinating an efficient and multilingual Instructor network, in order to support linguistic diversity within our Associate population.
- Acting as an ambassadors for Amazon Core Values and Leadership Principles
- Well-developed observational and analytical skills
- Strong communications and presentation skills – you need to be able to Earn Trust and inspire large groups of individuals to strive for excellence and raise the bar
- A methodical and logical approach
- Flexible to work shifts/nights/weekends as needed – Amazon Logistics is a 24/7 operation
- A strong sense of personal and professional integrity
- Bias for action and the ability to Invent & Simplify
- A keen attention to detail and strong understanding of Health & Safety protocols. You should be able to identify and address safety hazards within the work area
- Be a positive role model
- Strong team-work mentality
- Shows a drive for improvement of learning and design processes
- Shows determination
- A basic understanding of project management
- Fluent knowledge of Spanish
- Fluent knowledge of other EU languages
- Intermediate-Advanced proficiency with MS Office packages, particularly Word, Excel & PowerPoint
About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary and stock units, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
There are other, more intangible rewards too. Like our commitment to your development, a refreshing lack of hierarchy, the chance to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, plenty of team spirit and an informal atmosphere – suits and ties are few and far between.
In Operations we make sure we live up to our promise: to deliver Earth’s biggest selection of products around the world come rain, hail or snow. We want to be a company where customers from every country will recognise, value and trust our products and our services. But getting the right product to the right place at the right time – every time – is no easy task.
Explore our website – check out the stores, read some customer reviews and learn about our programs. You can also visit our investor relations and PR sites to have a look at our last annual report and read recent announcements about partnerships and product launches.
Yes, we’ll expect a lot of you and we’ll stretch you constantly with all sorts of challenges. But you’ll never feel like you’re going it alone. We’ll give you all the help you need to do the best job possible and encourage you to develop every day. Plus you’ll be part of a supportive team, working with colleagues, learning from them and collaborating to get the job not just done, but done brilliantly. And with all of us behind you, you’ll achieve more than you ever thought you could.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.