We're a company of pioneers. It's our job to make bold bets, and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today’s pioneers, that’s exactly why there’s no place on Earth they’d rather build than Amazon.
When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission “to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices.”
This goal continues today, but Amazon’s customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
Are you looking to become a leader in a global operation with hundreds of managers and thousands of employees?
Would you like the challenge of delivering continuously improved customer experiences to over 150+ million customers?
Could you assume financial responsibility that impacts both the bottom line and shareholder expectations for a growing Fortune 100 corporation?
If you want to be involved in creating the future of online retail, and are dynamic, organized, and a self-starter join our Operations Team as an Area Manager Amazon is looking to hire an Area Manager (Central Flow department) in our Fulfillment Center near Barcelona.
As an Outbound Area Manager - Analytical team, you will have the opportunity to manage and develop a team of flow leads who are tasked with the most analytical and impactful function of running Outbound Flow for Fulfillment Centers across Amazon.
In the job you would be required to exercise superior analytical and problem solving skills as well as people management skills. You will be expected to work with the senior leadership of multiple Fulfillment Centers and set expectation on the support that central flow would provide and need from them.
You would be responsible to work with cross functional teams in developing tools, standards and best practices and will be co-ordinate the efforts with multiple Fulfillment centers across Europe.
You are expected to have a steep learning curve in learning pick flow settings, collate settings and other flow related tools and become a subject matter expert in flow management. You will need to be very knowledgeable in Excel as this team will depend on multiple tools based on the software.
- Lead and develop a team of Amazon Central Flow Leads (Data Analysts).
- Understand and teach detailed flow concepts related to outbound flow operations in Amazon’s fulfillment centers.
- Continuously improve processes and procedures related to OB Flow Operations
Continuously monitor performance of FCs that are attributable to Central Flow and take corrective steps whenever required to optimize outbound productivity performance and Customer Experience.
- Remove barriers for Central Flow Leads by developing tools and automate manual business processes.
- Monitor and audit if standard processes are followed for every FC and take corrective action to change or modify standards if needed due to change in external or internal processes related to FC.
- Connect with multiple FCs to address concerns, escalations or provide daily report.
- Communicate policies to associates and act as the primary information source for the Team, maintaining compliance and consistency.
- Strong people leader with the ability to develop the Central Flow team and engage them in Amazon’s policies and procedures.
- Develop performance goals and objectives to achieve customer promise expectations and ensure accuracy and quality.
- Support all safety programs and compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates.
- Create, manage and support recognition and communication programs.
- Partner with the management team to establish and maintain quality control standards.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Level 6 qualification
- Ability to work weekends and/or overnight shifts
- Ability to work extended hours both in peak season and as needed
- The ability to dive deep into data and provide thought-provoking, workable business solutions
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Very good English language skills (speak, write)
- Application with CV in ENGLISH ONLY
- Degree in Engineering, Operations, or Supply Chain is a plus
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Adept at analytical work and the ability to motivate others in a deadline-driven environment
- Basic understanding of Lean and Six Sigma (Don’t know but anxious to learn? We’ll teach you!)
- Additional Languages would be advantageous
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later.
We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it.
It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.