At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one.
A day to take a first step. A day to look forwards to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon.
Amazon is seeking a South Europe Regional Reliability Maintenance & Engineering Manager (M/F)
Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
The South EU Regional RME Manager will have a key role to represent Facilities / Engineering within the South European operation organization and will lead the different existing and future Facilities /Engineering teams in the Fulfillment Centers located in Italy and Spain.
The owner of the role and will have to lead improvement process, cost reduction, skills development of the different teams and will participate to improve storage and throughput capacities of the different sites. This experienced leader will be responsible for setting high standards and goals for the local teams and will work with them to ensure that they are achieved and exceeded.
This position requires an Engineering professional, who is a results-oriented, high-energy, dynamic individual with both stamina and mental agility to be able to work and thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, innovative, customer centric environment· Continue to build on the customer first philosophy and ensure that the team is empowered to influence decisions that impact on the customer experience.
This is a position based in any of our fulfillment centers in Italy or Spain. The successful candidate will be a key part of the European (EU) Facilities Engineering team and will work closely with Germany and UK counterparts together to drive standardization and parity. The candidate will also partner with the Project Engineering, Real Estate and Packaging teams.
The role combines Engineer, Planner, Analytics and Finance functions, and requires a senior person, who can show proven ability in analyzing and operating material handling systems with high availabilities .
The candidate should have the ability to function well in a fast-paced work environment and should also be a able to switch from a ‘strategic view’ to a ‘hands on’ approach.
With the team of regional and local Facility/Engineering Managers, the candidate will be:
- Responsible for the overall building and facilities maintenance (Reliability, Performance, Cost, etc.) in Italy and Spain.
- Responsible for equipment maintenance (Conveyors, Sorter, Labeling Machines, Packing Machine,….etc.) of the different sites
Develop and apply Preventive Maintenance Routines on equipment through all the network
- Drive and improve standardization of the infrastructure.
- Provide feedback and analysis on equipment performance and availability in the South European network
- Manage day to day issues on equipment with the Engineering teams, defining Priorities with Operation, and organize the work with his team
- Support the Engineering team for installation of new Equipment and for the preparation of the Peak activities
- Engage and work closely with the regions strategic leaders in Operations, Transportation Finance and Supply Chain to ensure an integrated strategy is adopted that underpins growth and the delivery of customer service excellence.
- Drive a culture of innovation in the team which will lead to improvements in safety, customer experience and system performance.
- Effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors
- Through positive and visible leadership, develop a culture of challenge, continuous improvement and engagement to establish a right first time capability.
- We expect the successful candidate to provide direction, support and coaching to a high caliber team of direct reports to
- Experience with Preventive Maintenance, TPM program and OEE tracking.
- Experience and skills with automated equipment for storage, packaging and labeling.
- Experience in HVAC installation, Sprinkler, general building equipment
- Experience in installation troubleshooting, fault finding, and repairs
- Computer skills (MS Office, CMMS, AUTOCAD, etc.)
Automation skills (PLC, MFC, WMS, Database)
- Masters Degree in Electrical and or Mechanical Engineering
- Previous experience in managing teams across multiple sites/countries.
- Previous experience in a supervisory role managing people
- Experience of WMS and Controls Engineering
Experience with Health and Safety regulation
- Experience with Kaizen and Continuous Improvement Process.
- Excellent working knowledge using MS Excel, MS Project, and related software
- Proven written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- MBA from a top business school
- Any additional European language, such as French, Italian, Spanish, German, Czech, Polish or Slovak language skills, in addition to the native country language skills, is a big advantage.
- Black Belt or Master Black Belt
Auto CAD experience
Please apply by submitting your CV in English
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.