Descripción de la oferta
Proceso de selección continuo
Contract Type: 1 Year with the possibility of a multi-year extension.
The Center for the Governance of Change (CGC) of IE University (Madrid, Spain) is seeking to appoint an Academic Director who will drive the Center’s vision, continue and develop its portfolio of research programmes, and represent the institution at academic forums.
The CGC is an applied-research, educational institution based at IE University that studies the political, economic, and societal implications of the current technological revolution and advances solutions to overcome its unwanted effects. We work with an international team of scholars and practitioners from 15 different countries, some based at IE University, some at other institutions such as Harvard, Oxford, Cambridge and MIT. In 2019, the Center was recognized by Public as one of the five most innovative university departments in Europe.
IE University (IEU) is one of the leading international universities in Spain. With over 7,000 students and 200 full-time professors from 95 different countries, it ranks at the top 10 of the Financial Times’ ranking, and number 7th in Europe in employability according to the Times Higher Education.
The Academic Director will be a part of the senior management team and will play an important role in driving forward the Center’s research activities. He/she will design and coordinate research projects, provide academic guidance and teach in the Center’s executive programs, and represent the institution in a number of international forums. Additionally, he/she could teach some undergraduate and graduate courses at the University –if desired.
We are looking for an outstanding mid-career academic coming from a background in research or research facilitation, preferably in the field of global governance, geopolitics, emerging technologies or public policy. The area of responsibility for this role is very wide and thus requires a strong entrepreneurial mindset.
Experience in fundraising, applied research, or academic partnerships building is desirable.
Key Action Areas:
- Be a key member of the senior management team, designing and implementing the overall strategy of the Center, and supporting the research footprint of the University.
- Design and oversee the development of the Center’s research programs, by finding the right scholars, the appropriated partnerships, and the required funding.
- Provide academic guidance and teach in the Center’s executive programs.
- Expand the outreach portfolio and network of the Center.
- Support the fundraising activities of the Center.
- Manage procurement processes and coordinate material and resources allocation.
- Supervise the financial development and budgets of the Center.
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners.
- PhD from top university.
- Proven relevant experience.
- In depth knowledge of the research realm, especially in the spaces of innovation, policy and technology.
- Broad intellectual interests.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Outstanding communication and social skills.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
Applicants should submit a Curriculum Vitae and a Cover Letter (1 or 2 pages).
For more information about the Center’s research projects, academic team, and teaching programs visit www.cgc.ie.edu
Categoría o nivel