Descripción de la oferta
Proceso de selección continuo
The Associate Director of the Sustainability Office works collaboratively with administration, faculty, staff, and students to develop, coordinate, and promote effective sustainability initiatives to put in place a value system that emphasizes responsibility to self, others and the planet at IE.
Key Action areas:
• Works with all campus community, including students, faculty, and staff from every school and IE center, to promote an understanding and awareness of sustainability issues by coordinating informational training and presentations and promoting the goals set by our institution regarding sustainability.
• Serves as a liaison between various campus entities to assure communication and resource coordination for sustainability programs and projects.
• Coordinates and compiles University data for reporting.
• Implements and maintains internal sustainability training and programming.
• Gives support, defines and coordinates with third party the implementation of quality procedures and practices at IE such as ISO 14001 and ISO 50001.
• Gives support to contractor during sustainability related auditing (Carbon footprint, ISO …).
• Creates promotional and educational materials by writing, editing, and designing content for brochures, fliers, bulletin board displays, newsletters, sustainability guides, and training materials.
• Develops and maintains the IE University sustainability website to include information highlighting sustainability actions undertaken at the University, sustainability-related programming and events at the University and surrounding community, curriculum opportunities, resources for individuals interested in sustainable living, information on recycling, social impact activities, carbon footprint neutralization alternatives, and links to other organizations and websites related to sustainability.
• Assists in defining sustainability goals and tracks performance metrics to assess program effectiveness.
• Improves the effectiveness of the University’s sustainability practices by monitoring best practices related to sustainability at the University’s benchmark peer institutions and other select institutions and makes recommendations for new sustainability programming and modifications to existing programs.
• Works with the Student clubs focused on sustainability by facilitating and coordinating student sustainability initiatives and related.
• Attends the Sustainability Committee and related subcommittee meetings and implements recommendations, including promoting and focusing student enthusiasm and energy towards sustainability.
• Serves on campus committees as assigned and attends meetings with external organizations to represent the University on sustainability issues.
• Supports Facilities Management and other departments as appropriate in relation to implementing sustainability programs.
• Researches and identifies grant-writing and other funding opportunities in support of expanded campus sustainability efforts.
• Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
• Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed.
• Supports the overall success of the University’s sustainability efforts by performing all other duties as assigned.
• Master degree from a top university. Specific training in sustainability issues will be valued. This may be the topic of the program chosen, electives/concentration in the program or other sources of training.
• Proven interest and commitment to sustainability will be valued. This may be proven through prior professional or nonprofessional experiences (i.e., volunteer work)
• Professional proficiency in English and Spanish.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
• The ability to work independently is required.
• The ability to adapt to a changing environment and be flexible to respond to new needs in the organization is required.
• Attention to detail is required.
• Initiative is required.
• The ability to work collaboratively with other individuals and volunteer groups is required.
• The ability to use Microsoft Office Suite to prepare Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, and reports is required.
• The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Categoría o nivel