Descripción de la oferta
Proceso de selección continuo
The Business Analyst (BA) is a member of the HST leadership team and reports directly to the Dean of the School. The BA works closely with other stakeholders within HST (vice-deans, program directors and academic operations staff) as well as in other departments of the University (Accounting & Control, Finance, Marketing, Admissions and International Development).
The BA is responsible for carrying out effective analysis and research to support critical managerial decisions and to drive operational efficiency and bottom line performance. The activities of the BA fall into three broad categories:
Business Analysis & Intelligence
• Business Analysis/Analytics: Analyze core business processes within the school (commercial, academic), identify opportunities and propose solutions for improvement; Analyze commercial data (CRM, web traffic, ...) to generate insights that might improve efficiency of our marketing, admissions and regional development activities; Analyze academic data (student, faculty) to generate insight to help improve student satisfaction, teaching quality, and overall academic management.
• Business Intelligence: Help define and implement tools to collect data for key performance indicators (KPIs); Develop and deploy academic, commercial and financial reports and dashboards (PowerBI) to allow HST leadership and staff to track and manage KPIs.
• New Product Research: Conduct desk research (e.g., market research, competitor research, trends and news related to the school), survey research (e.g. surveying recruiters, students, alumni), and interviews to help drive decisions related to the selection and design of new products (bachelors, masters, non-degree programs); Follow key sources to stay abreast of market trends with an eye towards new product opportunities.
• Ongoing Product Research: Periodically track pricing, competition, positioning and trends in HST’s product markets to help drive decisions about product upgrades, repositioning, and price changes.
• Alumni Research: Conduct surveys and interviews to help HST profile and understand it’s alumni base in terms of demographics, psychographics and evolving professional profiles.
Financial Planning & Budgeting
• Financial Planning and Budgeting: Lead the annual process of developing HST’s financial plans and budgets; help HST’s leadership team identify and scope their annual financial needs; work with HST leadership, commercial departments, and the Finance Office to develop product-level forecasts.
• Management Control: Work with the Office of the Controller to analyze actual versus budgeted revenues and costs, identify variances and opportunities for improved efficiency. Ensure HST operations teams comply with agreed-upon accounting procedures.
• Master’s degree from a top University, desirable in a relevant field (business, economics, engineering, data science, math, statistics, etc.).
• Have a high level of proficiency in both English and Spanish.
• Be a very analytical thinker with well-developed skills in Excel, and ideally also some proficiency in more advanced analytical tools/methods such as Tableau, R, and Python.
• Have strong skills in distilling data and information to synthesize, extract insights and produce recommendations.
• Be a critical thinker who is hypothesis-driven and able to use data, facts and logic to test hypothesis and reach evidence-based conclusions.
• Able to work independently, resourcefully and in an interpersonally sensitive manner to navigate across teams and departments and make things happen.
• Have strong communication skills to present results and recommendations clearly, concisely and with compelling narratives.