Descripción de la oferta
Duración de la oferta: hasta el 23/05/2018
Expenditure on purchases and contracts at the ILL represents an average of 50 million euros per year. You will therefore hold a key position within the Institute.
As a member of the Purchasing Service of the ILL’s Administration Division, you will develop and raise awareness of the ILL’s purchasing policy, which is aimed at obtaining a fair Industrial return on investment for the Institute’s funding countries.
You will be in charge of purchases with a value of between 10 k€ and 50 k€ in all sectors and your duties will include:
• Consulting the ILL Purchasing Advisors in our member countries to identify new suppliers, where appropriate
• Sourcing suppliers and carrying out subsequent assessments; keeping up to date with commercial and technological developments
• Issuing and following up invitations to tender
• Negotiating prices adopting a total-cost approach (price, quality, terms of payment, delivery schedule, transport, etc.)
• Following-up orders in liaison with in-house customers and monitoring supplier relations
• Managing orders in the ERP system
• Registering new suppliers (selection, evaluation, qualification and optimisation).
You will report on a monthly basis to the Head of Purchasing on:
• Industrial return to the ILL’s Associate and Scientific Member countries
• Results of negotiations
• Situation vis-à-vis new suppliers.
You will propose solutions for improving the Industrial return to member countries
Qualifications and experience:
You have a Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in a purchasing-related area (e.g. purchasing and supply, business and administration, CIPS qualification) and experience of working as a buyer in an industrial and/or research environment, ideally with an international dimension, involving international procurement contracts.
Additional technical skills would be an advantage.
You are proficient in the use of ERP tools and have an excellent knowledge of office software packages.
You possess sound judgment and analytical and deductive skills. You are responsive, able to manage priorities and have solid negotiating skills. You are a strong team player with integrity and a meticulous approach to your work.
As an international research centre, we are particularly keen to ensure that we also attract applicants from outside France. A sound knowledge of English and French is essential. Knowledge of German would be an advantage.
18-month fixed-term contract.
Generous company benefits (expatriation allowance), relocation assistance and language courses may be offered.