Descripción de la oferta
Proceso de selección continuo
The employer is a leading home care provider offering domiciliary care, personal support, home help and companionship. The employer specialise in working with people who require care in their own homes and their families.
Summary of role
To share with other staff in meeting the personal care and support needs of customers in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes their independence. The care and support provided by Care and Support Workers is expected to include support that would reasonably be given by members of the customer’s family and is not to include tasks that would normally be undertaken by a trained nurse.
• To assist customers who need help getting up and going to bed in the morning and evenings, including dressing and undressing, washing, bathing and going to the toilet.
• To help customers with their mobility and with any physical disabilities, including incontinence and use of personal aids and equipment.
• To care for customers who are temporarily sick and need bed nursing and help with feeding etc.
• To provide care and support for customers who are terminally ill.
• To help in the promotion of mental and physical activities of customers through talking, outings, reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
• To make and change beds, light cleaning, emptying commodes and general tidying.
• To inspect, launder and mend customers’ clothes.
• To set tables and trays, prepare and serve light meals, clearing away and washing up.
• To read and write reports and be involved in customers’ reviews and training activities.
• To adhere to all Caremark’s policies and procedures at all times.
• To report either to the Field Care Supervisor or Care Manager any significant changes in the health or circumstances of a customer.
• To encourage the independence of customers wherever possible.
• EU nationality
• English level – to a reasonable conversation standard
• Understanding of Home care job role
• Motivated to work with the elderly and dependant individuals
• Driving licence – confident to drive in the UK – lessons/practice provided
• Good personality and professional attitude
• Genuine desire to help others
• Physically fit and hard working
• Flexible to work various shifts including weekends
• Willing to work 50+ hours per week including weekends
• Over 21 years of age
• Permanent Contract
• 40 hours per week: £8.50 per hour
• Overtime available all weeks
• Full time salaried position £17680 per year
• Business miles paid
• Full training leading to a professional qualification
• 28 day’s holidays, include bank holidays.
• Ongoing professional development
• The company will provide you a car for free for work purposes
• Free driving lessons
• Free Sat Navigator
• Accommodation provided cost between £400- £450 pm: 1st month rent for free as a welcome gift (must be repaid if you leave before of 12 months of contract)