Descripción de la oferta
Duración de la oferta: hasta el 19/04/2018
The Network and Data Services group (a team of 4) is responsible for the ILL's IT infrastructure and network services, as well as for providing support with computational resources and the archiving of experimental data for scientific activities. As Head of this Group, you will have the following duties:
• Ensuring the support, maintenance and upgrade of all:
1. Network (200 switches, 150 Access Points) and storage infrastructures (PB), central Unix systems and associated services (100 servers), on the one hand,
2. IT infrastructures for archiving, accessing and analysing experimental data, on the other hand.
• Leading the Group in a logic of continual improvement: regular meetings, change management, etc.
• Providing regular reports on the news and activities of the Group to the Head of the IT Service; communicating on behalf of the Group with the rest of the Service as well as with users.
• Interacting with the other Heads of Group and providing the Head of Service with ideas and support for the management of the Service.
• Fostering collaborations with ILL’s local and European partners.
Qualifications and experience:
• Master’s degree in Networking & Systems Administration or equivalent together with 10 years' experience of UNIX systems (mainly Linux) and LAN management.
• Team leadership or project management experience.
• Proven ability to be thorough, proactive and open to new collaborations.
• Ability to develop a participative management environment and innovative solutions.
As an international research centre, we are particularly keen to ensure that we also attract applicants from outside France. You must have a sound knowledge of English and be willing to learn French (a language course will be paid for by the ILL). Knowledge of German would be an advantage.
This post is a permanent position.
Medical fitness for work under ionising radiation is required.
Generous company benefits (expatriation allowance), relocation assistance and language courses may be offered (for more information, please consult our employment conditions).
How to apply:
Please submit your application on line, no later than 15.04.2018
Categoría o nivel