Descripción de la oferta
Duración de la oferta: hasta el 03/05/2018
Live in Carers, England and Wales:
Are you looking for a flexible and rewarding career with a difference working in the UK? Could Active Assistance be the company for you, supporting Clients with disabilities living in their own homes.
We are looking for enthusiastic, conscientious, reliable and flexible Live in Carers work with our clients throughout England and Wales, supporting them to live an independent life.
At Active Assistance you will be called a Personal Assistant as your role is to work under the direction of the Client following a personalised care plan.
In order to be successful for the role of a PA, applicants will need to be happy to assist our clients with all aspects of daily living such as: shopping, cooking, domestic duties as well as personal care requirements. Every client is individual and therefore you must be willing to adapt to different lifestyles to ensure that the client you are working with can live an independent life.
Working as a Live in Carer can be a great lifestyle choice where you can choose to work and then travel in-between your assignments.
Hours of Work:
Typically, you will work between 1-3 weeks with a client and then take a break. On average you will work a ten-hour day.
Your work will be scheduled by a Care Coordinator and this gives you the chance to plan ahead with your diary so you can attend those special occasions with your own families if you wish, creating a good work / life balance.
This is a great opportunity to develop a career in Health and Social care. Alternatively, you may be looking for a short term temporary role or a flexible position during a gap year. Although previous experience would be beneficial it is not essential as our Clients value Live in Carers who show enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
• Prospects to progress your career within the company
• Active Assistance also welcomes Nurses, Physiotherapists, Psychologists and Occupational Therapists. This would enable you to gain some practical and invaluable experience working in a community setting in England and Wales.
• Health and Social Care Training – we offer vocational qualifications for healthcare professionals working in the UK (subject to terms on our website)
What qualifications are on offer?
• Adult Care Worker Level 2, Lead Adult Care Worker Level 3, Children & Young People Level 2, Children and Young People Level 3
Essential requirements of a Live in Carer:
• Valid full driving licence and competent driving skills (NB You do not need to own a car to carry out this care work).
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, which includes being able to actively listen to and follow instructions from your client
• Documentation and proof of eligibility to live and work in the UK
Please note that Active Assistance will be welcoming candidates from the EU to join their valuable workforce in the UK. We will be keeping all employees informed on changes and support our Live in Care Workers through these times.
Active Assistance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children. All applicants must be willing to undergo the appropriate screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service
Salary for a Live in Carer:
• Salary starts at £19,465 gross per annum (*example salaries are based on working 21 days within a 28-day block)
• Once you successfully complete your 3-month probation, we ask that you work a further 100 days in the following months from your probation and this entitles you to a pay increase to either a Grade 2 or Grade 3 PA
• Grade 2, £20, 475 gross per annum * - (no qualification required)
• Grade 3, £21,840 gross per annum * - Level 3 Diploma / NVQ 3 Health and Social Care / Nurse (overseas qualification accepted) Physiotherapist (overseas qualification accepted)
• Accrued holiday pay
• Enhanced rates for Bank Holidays
• Each employee will be auto-enrolled into the NEST Pension Scheme
• You will be employed directly by Active Assistance on a flexible temporary contract. The role is classed as temporary as you move around the country to live with different clients, however many of our Carers settle with one or two regular Clients after they have gained some valuable care experience
Additional Benefits Working as a Live in Carer:
• Paid travel to and from your assignment within England and Wales
• Food and accommodation provided whilst on assignment
• DBS Certificate (Criminal Record Check) (please note that if you leave within your 3-month probation period the cost of this will be deducted from your salary)
• £400 Refer a friend scheme for employees (please see full Terms & Conditions on our website)
• Free four-day award winning training course in Leicester with accommodation provided (direct train links from Stansted, Luton, Birmingham and East Midlands Airports)
• Lunch provided on four-day training course
• Flexible contract and working patterns to suit you, ranging from one to three weeks
• Regular breaks which enable you to gain a good work- life balance
• Ongoing support from Head Office and Regional Teams
• We welcome working holiday visas that give you the opportunity to work and travel
• Options to work on complex packages where there are pay enhancements, this could give you the potential to earn up to £28,000 if you are a Grade 3* PA