Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
Amazon is looking to hire an experienced Operations Manager - EU FC Outbound Central Flow in our Fulfillment Center near Barcelona.
The role of Operations Manager is a critical position and delivers huge impact both on the customer experience and on bottom line performance within the EU Central Flow (CF) team.
You will report to the CF Program Manager and you will be directly responsible for a team of Area Managers and their direct reports. As well as motivating them to do their best, it will be down to you to plan and resource effectively to handle the peak season.
As an Operations Manager, you will also lead on numerous improvement projects (KAIZEN) aimed at streamlining activities and improving processes. Taking part in site, regional initiatives, you will tackle complex problems that affect customers and work to resolve them with innovative solutions.
You will be given a real opportunity to shape your area with ideas that could be rolled out across the Amazon network. Whatever you focus on, it will be aimed at ensuring service excellence whilst continuously improving our processes.
- You will play a critical role in the management, control and direction of the EU Central Flow HUB in our Fulfillment Center near Barcelona. The extent of your duties will include:
- Maintain health and safety standards within area and promote a positive health and safety culture on site.
- Lead, motivate and support a large team within a time-sensitive and fast paced environment. This will include the setup and implementation of career development plans for all direct reports.
- Be a Subject-Matter Expert on larger processes and activities within the CF Team i.e. 5s audits, alignment with Standard Work procedures across the network.
- Management of the timely data collection to update operations metrics on an hourly basis,in a flow based environment, whilst ensuring a best in class customer service to our Outbound Operations.
- Work closely with other support teams (HR, Financial Manager, Facilities Manager, Safety & Security Manager, IT Manager) on staffing plans, schedules and performance levels to enable the CF Team and the broader Operations network to attain Amazon’s Business Plan.
- Implement change and contribute in cross-functional Six Sigma initiatives within your site and the broader Amazon EU Operations network.
- Drive continuous process improvement and make our customer experience better than ever.
- Be degree qualified
- Have experience in leading large and diverse teams
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent English language skills
- Be competent in two or more production or supply chain areas, with an impressive track-record in a similar fast- paced logistics, distribution, manufacturing or engineering environment
- Have a sincere bias for action and be passionate about achieving results and driving production through efficiency and process improvement
- Possess the ability to manage detail, establish root cause and be able to extract and analyse data. Must be able to demonstrate effective problem-solving and analytical capability
- Thrive on change, inclined to operate with flexibility and commit the time required to get the job done. Work shifts, including weekends, in an operational 7/365 environment. Willing to relocate if necessary.
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies would be highly advantageous.
- Additional Language would be advantageous.
About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later.
We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Sounds interesting? We look forward to your application.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.