Descripción de la oferta
Proceso de selección continuo
The primary function of the PYP Coordinator is to work with the Head of School to share the
responsibility of pedagogical leadership and school management. You will ensure the program is
taught, planned and assessed collaboratively at all instructional levels; will facilitate discussions
with teachers on pedagogical aspects of the curriculum; will ensure all procedures and timelines
are strategically planned and followed for authorization and evaluation.
The PYP Coordinator exerts leadership and the authority of her/his expertise in the development of
PYP curriculum, instruction, and assessment Primary School. In addition, s/he serves as
administrator for the overall curriculum, providing all the data, documents, and reports required by
the school’s administration and the PYP office of the International Baccalaureate Organization.
PYP COORDINATOR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Stimulate, motivate and monitor the development of the PYP program in the school.
• Observe and provide supervision in classrooms for the purpose of helping teachers to
implement instructional principles and methodologies pertaining to the PYP.
• Support professional development by planning, organizing and leading in-house teacher
• Have weekly planning meetings with all teachers in the program and document them.
• Assist and support teachers in their understanding of the PYP.
• Keep teachers up to date with developments within the PYP and of suitable workshops.
• Keep current with developments with the IBO.
• Implement the new enhancements
• Ensure high-quality PYP related displays around the school.
• Ensure PYP classroom environments
• Lead and execute the PYP Evaluation visit.
• Oversee resources and proactively source materials, resources, experiences for units.
• Ensure students are educated about the terminology, practices, and beliefs of the program.
• Facilitate student involvement in assemblies using PYP themes.
• Develop and run a PYP student council.
• Oversee and coach student assemblies and performances
• Bachelor’s Degree in subject area(s) according to the Spanish Ministry of Education
• Teaching experience with the PYP
• Experience as a curriculum coordinator for the PYP
• Experience in middle management of a school
• Valid teaching certification (or equivalent) for subject teaching area(s)
• Native fluency in the language of instruction you are being hired for (Spanish)
• Fluent in English (able to successfully lead workshops and work collaboratively in the language.)
• Advanced knowledge and skills in using ICT to enhance the learning process
Position Type: Full Time Permanent
Reports to: Head of School
Categoría o nivel